Friday, August 29, 2008

Glad Tidings!

Today's post is about music and gardening. I've been listening to Janis, who makes me so exuberant yet so incredibly sad... I dream of what Janis would be singing now.. If she had... if she had Love... She took a piece of my heart wit her.. & if you think that's trite, think about it. The girl had soul, had vision, had love bigger than her capacity to bear, and was so incredibly lonely.

Have you ever been lonely? Have you (I KNOW you have) ever felt like if there was one more night spent alone in your own skin without someone to share the night sky with, without someone to turn to and murmur "Did you see that? Look at the way the sky pinks the pond, wavering betwixt now and forever" and to have that someone just put their arm about your shoulder and squeeze?

"Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them". (W.Pooh)

And we'll send you glad tidings from Estacada
Open up your eyes so you may see
Ask you not to read between the lines
Hope that you will come in right on time
And they'll talk to you while you're in trances
And you'll visualize taking all those chances
and meet them halfway with love, peace and persuasion
And expect them to rise for the occasion
Don't it gratify when you see it materialize
Right in front of your eyes
That surprise"

(with deep thanks from Van Morrison)

I'm going to try to write more here. Not that anyone reads this Blog, *chuckle* I notice by the views they do not... But possibly I will acquire the habit of writing. Of speaking my heart, of living life arms-wide-open, of taking chances. I am hoping I will acquire the habit of seeing love in each unfolding of leaf, in each glance of the deer in my orchard, even in the taking of my ducks by the bobcat, or the BooBoo the black bear living on my orchard. In every bee hive I try not to disturb. In ever wasp nest I must disturb. In each ripple in the pond, and every step forward I take. In living every day, today is a Good Day.

I am dead broke, but I have green tomatoes, spaghetti squash & crookneck squash up the gump stump. Life is Good.

Dear Janis. I miss you.

>^,,^<

No comments: