Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Cuppa Thought Fodder -December 22nd 2020 Fairness Doctrine, lies & Accountability

 More and more I begin to feel sorrow and pity for my Fellow Americans who still believe in this Grifter, this #LoserOfTheYear , this #CantaloupeCaligula , this #NectarineNero . I'm pretty sure these feelers of mine will not be graciously received.. (I mean who desires to be pitied?) but I just can't help feeling sorry for the folks who are "none so blind as those who will not see" (John Heywood & Jeremiah 5:21 )


Heather Cox Richardson, as usual, has given me my morning cuppa considerations Letters From an American

As for those who actively enabled his illegal & democracy-destroying shenanigans ?? Yeah, they are complicit. Thanks for the apologies, but it's a little late to EVER truly forgive your role in this.


I believe OAN, FAUXInfoTainment, & NewsMax should be held legally liable for their LIES. Yeah, sure, they walked it back and "clarified" but that was well, after the fact. The damage has been done, and no retraction will heal that damage.


I believe we need to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine and overturn Citizens United. While they are not linked, they are part and parcel of the problem of misinformation and mistrust

Here's a few articles and studies about the Fairness Doctrine. I think it needs to be updated to fit the technologies of which we now depend, but this is the frame work.

Pros & Cons

Fairness Doctrine: Definition, Pros & Cons some more insight here: THE FAIRNESS DOCTRINE IN LIGHT OF HOSTILE MEDIA PERCEPTION I keep pinching myself. This has GOT to be one of those recurring nightmares from which you Just. Can't. Awaken.
But Jan 20th IS COMING, Reek


No comments: