OOOO goody a Gift! a Literary Challenge! no wait, a MNEUMONIC Challenge! I remember...
what? Who's that??? No, he's on first, Idon'tknow's on second.
Thank you Veg Plotting (OOO I can hear the plotting from here!) for the great idear....
1. First memory - My Step-Father throwing me up in the air. The room was dark, and he was tall. I remember being very afraid.
2. First book - The Wizard of Oz. My Grammy read it to me, in the room with all the crickets on the wallpaper. I would later carefully peel all the crickets off and put them in the book.
3. First kiss (not family) - My next door neighbor, a VERY handsome Hispanic boy, a twin. He would walk on his hands up on our concrete wall. I won't even GO there with the lecture I got for that kiss!
4. First gardening memory - Making the swimming pool into a strawberry patch with Grammy. Grammy had decided that having a swimming pool was too dangerous for precocious kidlets. Strawberries were not as dangerous.
5. First home grown vegetable - TOMATOES! YUMMY! OH wait, that's a fruit. So those came AFTER the strawberries. Must be ... lettuce see.... yesh, must be LETTUCE! (how corny of me)
6. First home grown fruit - strawberries, out of the swimming pool patch :~)